Before you embark on a tour, collecting some quick facts about the destination helps you a lot. Every destination in the world requires you to have basic information that is helpful in making your journey successful. Though a superficial knowledge on the important aspects of a place is of vague nature, it does contribute handsomely in your decision making while being on the tour of that place. And it is even more helpful to a novice excursionist. Visiting Romania also requires a good grasping of some indispensable fats. Here are some of the fast facts on Romania city which might prove to be helpful for you in case you make a plan to go on a trip:
* The official name of Romania is Romania.
* It is located in Southeastern central Europe.
* The country goes seven hours ahead of U.S. Eastern Standard Time(GMT +2)
* Romania expands in an area of 91,725 sq. miles (237,502 sq. km)
* You will find three vertical stripes of red followed by yellow and blue.
* According to 2004 cession, the Romanian population was 21.60 million.
* Romanian 89%
* Hungarian 7.5%
* Gipsy 1.9%
* German, Other 1.6%
* Christian Orthodox 87%
* Roman Catholic 5%
* Protestant 5%, Jewish
* Climate is temperate and the country undergoes four distinct seasons: Spring, fall, summer and winter. Temperature is pleasant during spring and fall while summer is hot and winter is cold.
* Bucharest (Bucharest)
* Parliamentary Republic with two legislative bodies: Senate and Chamber of Representatives