When you are on vacation, you will need a way to get around and enjoy all the sights and activities your destination has to offer. If you are traveling to the very popular Bucharest, Romania, there are many car rental opportunities that will get you where you need to go in style. Renting a car in Romania should be one of the easiest parts of your vacation, if you know what to look for.
Most car rental agencies have many types of cars to choose from to suit your needs. If you are looking for an economy car that will leave you plenty of money left over in your vacation budget for other things you can find many compact cars and low price sedans. If you are looking for something with plenty of space for the family or lots of luggage, there are plenty of SUV’s and vans available as well. If you want to cruise the beach in style, you can also find a Bucharest luxury car rental.
After you decide what type of car suits your needs the best you should then decide what other options and services you need. Many rent a car Bucuresti agencies offer pick up and drop off service, deliver vehicles, and provide airport transportation. When you go to rent a car you will also need to meet certain requirements. Most Romania car rental agencies require you to be at least 21 years old to rent a car, sometimes up to 25. You will also need a valid driver’s license and either cash or credit card to make a security deposit.
When you rent a car on your vacation you will also need to make sure that you can get the accessories you need. A GPS system is a great accessory to have while exploring your vacation getaway, and there are many Bucharest car rentals that will include a GPS system with your car so that you can easily find the best entertainment spots. If you are traveling with your children you need to find a rental agency that offers child seats with their cars as well unless you want to lug your child seat from home.
When you are making travel plans make a list of all the things you need in your rental car and all of your preferences so that you can be sure the car rental agency you choose has what you want. With a little advance planning you can get exactly the car you need to have a great time on your vacation.
I got some tips that might be useful for your next rental car experience since I know almost everyone hates rental cars! Read this article to avoid those “fine prints” and fraudulent companies.
Getting a DEAL:
- you can always get a “much” cheaper price if you book early. That is usually more than 15 days in advance and if it during a busy holiday like Christmas, make sure you have a reservation a month in advance.
- Always rent the smallest car you can book but big enough to fit. Most of the rental car companies are out of small cars 70% of the time so the chance getting a free upgrade is high. Again, make sure what you book is big enough to fit your passengers and luggage.
- Remember that the longer you rent, the cheaper the price is, it’s a simple fact. Rental car companies hate to keep cars on their lot!
- Weekend are always cheaper than weekdays just because they have more cars on hand.
- A weekly rental is usually a good deal and most of the rental places consider 5-7 days, a week.
- Car rental places at the airports usually have much higher prices than the ones off-airport. The reason is the fee that airport charges you and them. Off-airport companies do not have to the airport and most of them offer free pick-up and drop-off from a nearby airport.
- Remember, when you get to a car hire company, they will try to charge for anything possible. It’s their business.
- One thing that most of the people don’t realize is that the agent behind the counter has the power to give you free upgrades! So, be nice!
- DO NOT sign before reading the contract. Working in one of the biggest car rent Romania
- Always ask for a “complementary” upgrade. If you are nice and they have plenty of extra vehicles for that day, they will give you a free upgrade or maybe for a little charge.
- Make certain that you understand the rental terms and coverages. Rental car insurance is often called different things in different companies.
- Some companies charge for extra driver, ask about it if you have a second driver.
- Again, sign the rentacar contract after you read the whole and understand the charges. Also ask for an estimated total because they will never give you an exact total.
- When you get to your car check “everything” inside and outside; Check the car key and remote for broken ones, go around the car to make sure there is no scratches. If you find any problems, dents, or scratches make sure an employee or manager notes it down on your contract and initials it.
- Make sure the gas tank is full if it was suppose to be full.